Re: Document use of CC and CFLAGS in more detail (bug 20980, bug 21234)

On Tue, 6 Feb 2018, DJ Delorie wrote:

> It's the general idea of "the first time you use a term, define it".
> With your change, the first time an example of running configure is
> needed, is now earlier in the document.

I don't see anything unclear about "arguments to @code{configure}".
Especially given that there is, shortly before I refer to such arguments,
a generic example:

    From your object directory, run the shell script @file{configure} located
    at the top level of the source tree.  In the scenario above, you'd type

    @smallexample
    $ ../glibc-@var{version}/configure @var{args@dots{}}
    @end smallexample

--