This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[COMMITTED][PATCH v2] NEWS: List the languages which use the alternative months.
- From: Rafal Luzynski <digitalfreak at lingonborough dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 11:22:33 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: [COMMITTED][PATCH v2] NEWS: List the languages which use the alternative months.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: Rafal Luzynski <digitalfreak at lingonborough dot com>
* NEWS: List the languages which actually use the alternative
months feature in this release. Also explain that "alt_mon" and
"ab_alt_mon" are optional.
ChangeLog | 7 +++++++
NEWS | 9 ++++++++-
2 files changed, 15 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/ChangeLog b/ChangeLog
index a5847a5..d99f542 100644
@@ -1,3 +1,10 @@
+2018-02-01 Rafal Luzynski <firstname.lastname@example.org>
+ [BZ #10871]
+ * NEWS: List the languages which actually use the alternative
+ months feature in this release. Also explain that "alt_mon" and
+ "ab_alt_mon" are optional.
2018-01-31 Il'ya Malakhov <email@example.com>
diff --git a/NEWS b/NEWS
index 6f3b9b0..5c27f5c 100644
@@ -88,7 +88,14 @@ Major new features:
In a locale definition file, use "alt_mon" and "ab_alt_mon" to
define the strings for %OB and %Ob, respectively; these have the
- same syntax as "mon" and "ab_mon".
+ same syntax as "mon" and "abmon". These arrays are optional; if they
+ are not provided then they have the same content as "mon" and "abmon",
+ These features are provided for locales which define "alt_mon" and/or
+ "ab_alt_mon" in their locale source data. This release includes such
+ alternative month name data for the following languages: Belarusian,
+ Croatian, Greek, Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, and Ukrainian.
This feature is currently a GNU extension, but it is expected to
be added to the next revision of POSIX, and it is also already