Re: glibc 2.27: 3 weeks till release

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 10:44 PM, Dmitry V. Levin <ldv@altlinux.org> wrote:
> We have 3 weeks till the planned release date.
> * There are 4 features listed as desirable in the release page:

I have added the patch removing libio.h from the installed stdio.h
from the desirable-feature list.  Florian raised a serious concern
with the status quo (libio.h still installed and its contents still
visible via stdio.h, but #warns if used directly) in
https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2018-01/msg00242.html ; I think
we need to make an explicit decision whether to push forward and drop
libio.h from public use in 2.27 or back out
https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2017-12/msg00869.html and try
again next release cycle.

I apologize for pushing this issue so late in the cycle but I am
concerned that, if we don't drop libio.h in 2.27, we'll have to defer
stdio improvements that depend on dropping it until 2.29.

zw