Re: Preview patch for libidn2-based IDNA implementation

On 01/09/2018 12:05 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> I plan to backport this to Fedora 26 (glibc 2.25) and 27 (glibc 2.26)
> once the patch is upstream, but it's probably a bit of a stretch to
> pout this on the upstream release branches, which is why I'm quite
> eager to get it into 2.27.

How eager are you to get this into 2.27?

What kind of implications do you think this will have on the stability
of glibc 2.27 for use with distributions?

By making a change like this late in the release cycle we will likely
see little testing from downstream unstable branches like Debian
unstable, Fedora Rawhide, and SUSE tumbleweed. Are we ready to accept
that? Do we have any mitigation strategy for this lost testing?

Carlos.