This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: ToT build problem with nextafterl/nexttowardl (when using ToT GCC)
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- Cc: <sellcey at cavium dot com>, libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <nd at arm dot com>, Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 23:30:23 +0000
- Subject: Re: ToT build problem with nextafterl/nexttowardl (when using ToT GCC)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <5A2AED2E.email@example.com>
On Fri, 8 Dec 2017, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> (and i thought functions that may set errno are not pure)
These functions are neither const nor pure. As discussed in
<https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2017-12/msg00065.html>, this applies even when
-fno-math-errno is used, because that only means "not required to set
errno" and these functions do in fact set errno.
So the attributes should be removed in glibc (after filing a bug in
Bugzilla since the spurious attributes are a user-visible bug in a
release). That should fix the build issue. Separately, the attributes
should be removed in GCC as being bogus there.
Joseph S. Myers