This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove compat from DEFAULT_CONFIG lookup strings
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at cavium dot com>
- Cc: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 20:47:43 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove compat from DEFAULT_CONFIG lookup strings
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 28 Aug 2017, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> On Tue, 2017-08-22 at 17:07 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > I find the slight inconsistency in the use of [NOTFOUND=return] in
> > initgroups.c disconcerting, but IMHO that's irrelevent for this
> > particular change.
> > LGTM.
> Joseph, do you have any issues with the latest version of this patch?
> I don't want to go ahead unless you think this has addressed the issues
> you had with the initial patch.
I think the documentation in the manual needs to be updated.
Specifically, nss.texi documents the defaults for various NSS databases,
and it needs to be made to reflect how the defaults depend on how glibc is
Does the "nis [NOTFOUND=return] files" default in
nsswitch.c:__nss_database_lookup need to change as well?
Joseph S. Myers