Re: [updated patch] malloc per-thread cache ready for review

On 06/30/2017 04:25 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 06/28/2017 09:35 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
>>>
>>> Changed to SXID_ERASE.

>>> Fixed.

>>> I scanned all of glibc, and the same-line syntax seems to be nearly
>>> ubiquitous, with only one example of it on a separate line.  I couldn't
>>> find any mention of attributes in the GNU or GLIBC coding standards
>>> either...
>>>
>>> I'm certainly willing to do a global tweak patch later, but... is this
>>> documented somewhere?
>>
>> I thought it should have been but now that you've forced me to think
>> harder, my impression may be due to the way macro sections were written
>> in some math functions.
>>
>> Looks good to me, please commit.
>
> I would like to do one more pass of review on this final patch just to
> make sure we didn't miss anything.

Added to release blockers:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.26#Release_blockers.3F

Thread local cache has significant performance gains in the measured
workloads, and I'd like to see those gains translated to users.

The obvious next steps are probably more deterministic memory usage
from glibc's malloc, but that's a next project.

Carlos.