This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC PATCH v2 1/2] ARM: iwmmxt: Add missing __user annotations to sigframe accessors
- From: Russell King - ARM Linux <linux at armlinux dot org dot uk>
- To: Dave Martin <Dave dot Martin at arm dot com>
- Cc: linux-arm-kernel at lists dot infradead dot org, Edmund Grimley-Evans <Edmund dot Grimley-Evans at arm dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 23:05:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH v2 1/2] ARM: iwmmxt: Add missing __user annotations to sigframe accessors
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1498583067-14178-1-git-send-email-Dave.Martin@arm.com> <1498583067-14178-2-git-send-email-Dave.Martin@arm.com>
On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 06:04:06PM +0100, Dave Martin wrote:
> preserve_iwmmxt_context() and restore_iwmmxt_context() lack __user
> accessors on their arguments pointing to the user signal frame.
> There does not be appear to be a bug here, but this omission is
> inconsistent with the crunch and vfp sigframe access functions.
> This patch adds the annotations, for consistency.
> Signed-off-by: Dave Martin <Dave.Martin@arm.com>
Absolutely the right thing to do. Please drop this into the patch system,
RMK's Patch system: http://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: currently at 9.6Mbps down 400kbps up
according to speedtest.net.