This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Add float128 support for x86_64, x86
- From: "Gabriel F. T. Gomes" <gftg at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 14:34:03 -0300
- Subject: Re: Add float128 support for x86_64, x86
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 20:58:09 +0000
Joseph Myers <email@example.com> wrote:
> This patch is relative to a tree with Gabriel's patches applied (at this
> point, the only dependence is fairly trivial - it updates the NEWS entry
> and manual text to add x86_64 and x86 to the architectures for which
> float128 is supported). Once those patches are in I intend to retest and
> commit this patch. (And probably to make the similar changes for ia64,
> but with compilation testing only, so that all systems with ABI-distinct
> float128 support in GCC also get it in glibc.)
I plan to push this today.
> 2017-06-23 Joseph Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * sysdeps/i386/Implies: Add ieee754/float128.
> * sysdeps/x86_64/Implies: Likewise.
The ChangeLog entries for NEWS and manual/math.texi are missing?
Other than that, lgtm.