This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2] powerpc: Optimized version of powf()
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho <tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, pc at us dot ibm dot com, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 08:32:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] powerpc: Optimized version of powf()
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 06/23/2017 08:22 AM, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho wrote:
> Paul Clarke <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> Most significant changes are code simplification and use of doubles for
>> intermediate values. Also, some rearrangement to move early
>> non-dependent code later, out of the faster paths.
>> 2017-06-15 Paul A. Clarke <email@example.com>
>> * sysdeps/ieee754/flt-32/e_powf.c: Optimized implementation utilizing
>> rearranged code and doubles float types.
> I removed "powerpc:" from the subject and pushed it as c340290de867.
I want to point out that I am immensely pleased to see that on first submission
this kind of patch has a micorbenchmark quote as the reason for making the
change. A job well done to IBM for making objective engineering decisions using
the microbenchmark framework! :-)