This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: valgrind support for glibc master
- From: Mark Wielaard <mjw at fedoraproject dot org>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at gotplt dot org>, The GNU C Library support for Fedora <glibc at lists dot fedoraproject dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:01:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: valgrind support for glibc master
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 2017-06-22 at 13:14 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> glibc performs a quick test run using valgrind as part of the build process.
> Lately, this started crashing:
> I think this code is fine. Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll be able
> to get a disassembly or debug this any further. There are a couple of
> potential causes (GLRO (dl_hwcap) is not initialized correctly in glibc,
> HWCAP_CPUID is not masked by the kernel or valgrind despite the lack of
> support, GCC schedule the volatile asm statement before the condition).
> Is anyone else seeing this?
> I will disable the valgrind sanity test during the Fedora build for the
> time being.
For now the auxv HWCAP is masked off on arm64 in valgrind fedora.
So you can reenable the sanity check again on fedora rawhide.
Upstream bug is https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=381556
arm64: Handle feature registers access on 4.11 Linux kernel or later