This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: valgrind support for glibc master
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at gotplt dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: nd at arm dot com, The GNU C Library support for Fedora <glibc at lists dot fedoraproject dot org>, Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 12:46:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: valgrind support for glibc master
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: klomp.org; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;klomp.org; dmarc=none action=none header.from=arm.com;
- Nodisclaimer: True
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
On 22/06/17 12:38, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 06/22/2017 01:28 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
>> This needs a valgrind patch to identify reading midr_el1 (in
>> VEX/priv/guest_arm64_toIR.c AFAICT), which is trapped and emulated by
>> the kernel since 4.11.
> I'm puzzled why we are seeing this now. Has Linux 4.11 started to
> signal CPUID support in HWCAP? Our last successful build was on kernel
yes it's in 4.11:
>> Is someone already working on this or would you like me to do this?
> Mark says you just volunteered. :)