This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC][PATCH][BZ 2100] blowfish support in libcrypt
- From: Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk at suse dot de>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 13:26:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH][BZ 2100] blowfish support in libcrypt
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Thu, Jun 01, Florian Weimer wrote:
> The other question is why we should add Blowfish support when the cipher
> is pretty much on everyone's banned list.
We should not add it. The whole interface is poorly designed and complicated
to use. And there are today better cipher. Blowfish is outdated today.
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect SLES & CaaSP
SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)