This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
- From: Rical Jasan <ricaljasan at pacific dot net>
- To: Phil Blundell <pb at pbcl dot net>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 09:47:08 -0700
- Subject: Re: gai_cancel()
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 06/16/2017 08:46 AM, Phil Blundell wrote:
> getaddrinfo_a() doesn't appear to be part of any
> standard, and it also isn't documented in the glibc manual
sockets.texi is pretty out-of-date (to be nice). It's hard to try and
write networking code using the glibc manual because so much of what you
see in use isn't in there anywhere. I started working on getaddrinfo,
sockaddr_storage, etc., a while back, and have a few patches laying
around somewhere I need to dust off, but anything substantial with the
chapter is likely in the 2.27-2.28 timeline for me, unless someone else
gets to it first.
It's definitely on the radar though.