This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add strlcpy, strlcat [BZ #178]
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 10:09:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add strlcpy, strlcat [BZ #178]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 06/16/2017 03:25 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
I want to start again the discussion to include strlcpy and strlcat in
Technical progress in other areas has rendered this old proposal even
less attractive than it was before. My laptop now supports gcc
-fcheck-pointer-bounds, and Intel CET promises to resist buffer overrun
attacks more conveniently and systematically. Why not see how these
approaches play out, and in the meantime let strlcpy's sleeping dogs lie?