This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH COMMITTED] CVE-2015-5180: resolv: Fix crash with internal QTYPE [BZ #18784]
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 14:30:22 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH COMMITTED] CVE-2015-5180: resolv: Fix crash with internal QTYPE [BZ #18784]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20161231195052.D746842A2EADF@oldenburg.str.redhat.com>
On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 11:50 AM, Florian Weimer <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Also rename T_UNSPEC because an upcoming public header file
> update will use that name.
> 2016-12-31 Florian Weimer <email@example.com>
> [BZ #18784]
> * include/arpa/nameser_compat.h (T_QUERY_A_AND_AAAA): Rename from
> T_UNSPEC. Adjust value.
> * resolv/nss_dns/dns-host.c (_nss_dns_gethostbyname4_r): Use it.
> * resolv/res_query.c (__libc_res_nquery): Likewise.
> * resolv/res_mkquery.c (res_nmkquery): Check for out-of-range
> * resolv/tst-resolv-qtypes.c: New file.
> * resolv/Makefile (xtests): Add tst-resolv-qtypes.
> (tst-resolv-qtypes): Link against libresolv and libpthread.
This patch was backported to 2.24 branch, which doesn't have
support/check.h. I got
tst-resolv-qtypes.c:21:27: fatal error: support/check.h: No such file