This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Optimized version of powf()
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz at port70 dot net>
- To: Paul Clarke <pc at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 19:55:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Optimized version of powf()
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
* Paul Clarke <firstname.lastname@example.org> [2017-06-08 18:37:24 -0500]:
> Most significant changes are code simplification and use of doubles for
> intermediate values. Also, some rearrangement to move early
> non-dependent code later, out of the faster paths.
note that i plan to post my powf implementation that i think
is better, but i cant promise it for this release cycle.
i have a version that handles error cases inline instead of
via a wrapper (same for exp2f, log2f, expf, logf) and that's
harder to integrate.
this version seems to keep the original float coefficeints,
(and various other constructs from the original code)
i think that's suboptimal.