This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Fifth draft of the Y2038 design document
- From: Albert ARIBAUD <albert dot aribaud at 3adev dot fr>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 09:05:11 +0100
- Subject: Fifth draft of the Y2038 design document
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I have produced a fifth draft of what will eventually become the Y2038
Relative to the previous draft:
* It makes explicit that the implementation should allow the same
application source code to build unchanged whether the default for
time size is 32-bit (_TIME_BITS undefined or unequal to 64) or
64-bit (_TIME_BITS defined equal to 64).
* Security issues considerations have been added (thanks to Carlos
* Timestamps and IOCTLs sections have been expanded.
* Implementation examples for types has been added.
* Implementation examples for APIs has been added.
As always, comments welcome.