Re: Update copyright dates not handled by scripts/update-copyrights [committed]

On Mon, 2 Jan 2017, Joseph Myers wrote:

> * it has public version control,
>
> * where commits are made for each logical change, not batched into a
> commit per release (see bash for an example of such batching) or per day
> or other such batching,

And, frankly, I think maintain.texi should make these two into
requirements for GNU packages rather than the present "It is very
important to keep backup files of all source files of GNU. You can do this
using a source control system (such as Bazaar, RCS, CVS, Git, Subversion,
@dots{}) if you like.".  But that's a separate issue from not requiring
ChangeLogs in certain cases.

--
Joseph S. Myers