This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] malloc: Deprecate hook variables, __default_morecore, <mcheck.h>
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 16:12:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] malloc: Deprecate hook variables, __default_morecore, <mcheck.h>
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20161026150218.3F1A4439942E0@oldenburg.str.redhat.com>
I still feel we have a fairly complete set of replacements available
today (Address Sanitizer, valgrind for debugging; interposition instead
of __more_core &c), and that it makes sense to announce our planned
It does, however, look rather unlikely I will have concrete to show by
the end of December 2016.