Re: Signedness of wchar_t and wint_t leads to problems with gcc -Wsign-conversion

On 11/21/2016 02:28 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> On Nov 21 2016, "Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)" <mtk.manpages@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Any valid value of wchar_t is representable by wint_t.  I cannot find
>>> any more convincing argument.
>>
>> Yes, but is a sign-extended wchar_t a valid value?
>
> A valid value of wchar_t is a valid value.

Sorry, that makes me no wiser :-(. You snipped the question
whose answer might help me:

To put things another way, why is this scenario different from
the islower() example, where the cast to '(unsigned char)' is
needed in portable code?

Cheers,

Michael

--