This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[patch committed] Fix build-and-build-again bug in sunrpc tests.
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 14:28:49 -0500
- Subject: [patch committed] Fix build-and-build-again bug in sunrpc tests.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
rpcgen will error out if the file it's asked to create already exists.
Several other rules in sunrpc/Makefile take care to delete rpcgen-
generated files before creating them, but rpcgen-tests doesn't, which
can lead to spurious test failures in an incremental rebuild.
Tested on x86_64-linux-gnu, committed as obvious.
* sunrpc/Makefile (rpcgen-tests): Delete the .out file before
creating or re-creating it.
diff --git a/sunrpc/Makefile b/sunrpc/Makefile
index 99e5c3c..9e805fb 100644
@@ -233,6 +233,7 @@ $(objpfx)thrsvc: $(common-objpfx)linkobj/libc.so
$(rpcgen-tests): $(objpfx)%.out: %.x $(objpfx)rpcgen
+ -rm -f $@
$(built-program-cmd) -c $< -o $@; \