This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] nptl: Document the reason why __kind in pthread_mutex_t is part of the ABI
- From: Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 11:21:13 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] nptl: Document the reason why __kind in pthread_mutex_t is part of the ABI
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 2016-11-07 at 14:47 +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> I started composing a lengthy email about why we should align
> pthread_mutex_t layout on i386 and x86_64 (because cross-process
> compatibility is of more practical importance these days than
> LinuxThreads backwards compatibility). But then I realized that we
> don't have this choice due to the static initializers, which have __kind
> at different offsets.
> The attached patch makes this more explicit in the relevant header files.