This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't use PLT nor GOT in libc.a [BZ #20750]
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 20:03:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't use PLT nor GOT in libc.a [BZ #20750]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20161104174739.GA5880@intel.com>
On 11/04/2016 06:47 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
There is no need to use PLT nor GOT in libc.a to branch to a function,
regardless whether libc.a is compiled with PIC or not.
Tested on x86-64. OK for master?
Isn't this header file used outside of libc as well?
(And the commit message should mention that this change is specific to