Re: Charset request for iconv (patch included)

Hi Florian,

> Is this an official mapping provided by HP?

     I don't believe there is an official mapping.  The author
mentions two other mappings and how they differ from his.  He
also explains why he chose Greek letters over mathematical
symbols.  (Your Greek sigma looks correct in my editor while
the math sigma looks like "???", so I can guess which is more
widely supported.)

     As for relevance, these calculators were in continuous
production from 1990 to 2015, so there must be several million
of them still in service.

     HP's latest graphing calculator, the HP Prime, uses Unicode.
It cannot run any HP-48 programs, so the older calculators will
enjoy high demand on the second-hand market for many years to come.

				Dave Coffin  10/2/2016