This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [02/12] Add femode_t functions: aarch64
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <nd at arm dot com>, <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 15:35:28 +0000
- Subject: Re: [02/12] Add femode_t functions: aarch64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <57CEE0A6.email@example.com>
On Tue, 6 Sep 2016, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> the later one outputs
> "first feenableexcept failed, cannot test"
> several times, maybe it should be UNSUPPORTED
> in that case like math/test-fexcept-traps.
The issue is the difference between a complete test being unsupported, and
the individual subtests being unsupported. test-fexcept-traps globally
gates things on a single feenableexcept / EXCEPTION_ENABLE_SUPPORTED
(FE_ALL_EXCEPT) test, whereas in the present patch it's each individual
subtest (except the trivial ones) that detects that that particular
subtest is unsupported. (In practice I don't expect enabling traps to be
supported for only a subset of exceptions. It's e.g. libm-test.inc that
can genuinely be a case of some subtests being supported and others not.)
Joseph S. Myers