This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add getrandom implementation [BZ #17252]
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 15:23:40 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add getrandom implementation [BZ #17252]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160610210303.6CE3E40141175@oldenburg.str.redhat.com> <20160610221525.038C62C39FB@topped-with-meat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Based on the last discussion, I assumed that we had consensus that we'd
> add wrappers for system calls which do not have merely niche applications.
I don't agree with that. getrandom is a case that is justifiable on its
own terms as a new OS-independent GNU API, so make the case that way and
don't make the API (or any more of the implementation than needs to be)