This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.24 -- Cutting the branch and my FSF steward position on __malloc_initialize_hook.
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Sinny Kumari <skumari at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 11:37:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.24 -- Cutting the branch and my FSF steward position on __malloc_initialize_hook.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 08/01/2016 11:22 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> As an FSF steward my position is that we should _not_ revert the
> __malloc_initialize_hook changes, and that we should cut the branch today.
I see I missed the fact that:
* malloc: Remove malloc_get_state, malloc_set_state
Remains on the blocker list.
I think this needs to be deferred to 2.25 at the open of the branch.
The primary reason here is that we should be changing ABI in the freeze.
If you agree, is there anything else blocking 2.24 being cut today?