This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Upcoming feature freeze vs. concurrency change
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at sourceware dot org>
- To: Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 21:39:24 +0530
- Subject: Re: Upcoming feature freeze vs. concurrency change
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1467212290 dot 3700 dot 22 dot camel at localhost dot localdomain>
On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 04:58:10PM +0200, Torvald Riegel wrote:
> I have been working on a new, more scalable rwlock implementation. The
> last information I have about the feature freeze is stating July 1st.
> Is this still up to date? I believe I'll need a few more days to finish
> the rwlock if all works well, but I won't make Jul 1st because I'm AFK
> tomorrow till Sunday. Would this still be acceptable?
Oh boy, I have been sitting on the updated tunables patch for the last
couple of weeks and I completely forgot about the deadline. If it is
possible to move the freeze by a few days (if it is indeed on 1st)
then I'd really like that.