This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] MIPS, SPARC: fix wrong vfork aliases in libpthread.so
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: aurelien at aurel32 dot net
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 03:48:38 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] MIPS, SPARC: fix wrong vfork aliases in libpthread.so
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1466173263-16155-1-git-send-email-aurelien at aurel32 dot net> <20160622052403 dot GA32463 at aurel32 dot net> <20160626213935 dot GA26298 at aurel32 dot net>
From: Aurelien Jarno <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 23:39:35 +0200
> On 2016-06-22 07:24, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>> On 2016-06-17 16:21, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>> > With recent binutils versions the GNU libc fails to build on at least
>> > MISP and SPARC, with this kind of error:
>> > /home/aurel32/glibc/glibc-build/nptl/libpthread.so:(*IND*+0x0): multiple definition of `vfork@GLIBC_2.0'
>> > /home/aurel32/glibc/glibc-build/nptl/libpthread.so::(.text+0xee50): first defined here
>> > It appears that on these architectures pt-vfork.S includes vfork.S
>> > (through the alpha version of pt-vfork.S) and that the __vfork aliases
>> > are not conditionalized on IS_IN (libc) like on other architectures.
>> > Therefore the aliases are also wrongly included in libpthread.so.
>> > Fix this by properly conditionalizing the aliases like on other
>> > architectures.
>> Unfortunately I failed to correctly run the testsuite and thus this
>> commit broke the libpthread ABI. Sorry about that.
>> The patch below does the remaining changes to align the MIPS and SPARC
>> vfork implementations with the other architectures. I have done a test
>> built and run the testsuite on mips64el, sparc32 and sparc64.
> David, does the patch below looks fine for SPARC?