This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: RFC: Check IFUNC_XXX to enable/disable ifunc feature
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Siddhesh Poyarekar <sid at reserved-bit dot com>
- Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 14:55:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: RFC: Check IFUNC_XXX to enable/disable ifunc feature
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOq1KakWO6bTb7LORhT1+3LRBoxtzV44NPstusAmy2+j_w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 06/26/2016 10:50 AM, H.J. Lu wrote:
> I'd like to check IFUNC_XXX environmental variable to enable/disable
> the ifunc feature, XXX. That is
> 1. IFUNC_XXX=1 to enable XXX.
> 2. IFUNC_XXX=0 to disable XXX.
> Any comments?
How would it work? Does it just mean that the IFUNC selector bypasses
the disabled choices?
Also it does not meet Tunables consensus:
"Tunable namespace should be clearly defined"
Should perhaps be "GLIBC_<VER>_IFUNC_<ARCH>_<PUBLIC_IFUNC_NAME>"?