This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 22/27] [AARCH64] ILP32: support stat syscall family
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Yury Norov <ynorov at caviumnetworks dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org>, <arnd at arndb dot de>, <catalin dot marinas at arm dot com>, <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>, <philb at gnu dot org>, <davem at davemloft dot net>, <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>, <maxim dot kuvyrkov at linaro dot org>, <pinskia at gmail dot com>, Yury Norov <yury dot norov at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 10:46:05 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 22/27] [AARCH64] ILP32: support stat syscall family
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1466485631-3532-1-git-send-email-ynorov at caviumnetworks dot com> <1466485631-3532-24-git-send-email-ynorov at caviumnetworks dot com>
On Tue, 21 Jun 2016, Yury Norov wrote:
> From: Yury Norov <email@example.com>
> stat and statfs structures has their layouts identical to lp64
> after changing off_t, ino_t etc sizes to 64-bit. It means we can
> pass it to kernel same way as lp64 does.
This should be implemented in a way suitable for future architectures to
use without needing lots of new sysdeps files in every architecture.
Joseph S. Myers