This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add compile testing to glibc test framework.
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 17:28:36 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add compile testing to glibc test framework.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <575679A0 dot 4090209 at redhat dot com>
On Tue, 7 Jun 2016, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Previously these kinds of tests would result in the testsuite failing
> to run to completion because compiler errors are treated as harness
I don't actually see this as a problem - that is, I don't see why any
compile failure should be hard to fix for some system-specific reason.
I'd rather just add such tests as normal tests, that break the build if
> * Rules [ifeq ($(run-built-tests),no)] (tests): Add $(tests-compile).
> [ifneq ($(run-built-tests),no)] (tests): Add $(tests-compile:%=$(objpfx)%.out).
If .out is compiler output, I see no good reason for this to depend on
run-built-tests; such tests should run unconditionally.
Joseph S. Myers