This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix quick_exit to match C++11 specification.
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- Cc: Johan Karlsson <johan dot karlsson at enea dot com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 05:56:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix quick_exit to match C++11 specification.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5751B292 dot 40109 at redhat dot com> <383b6001-e2ef-635a-4240-aa7fba826de3 at redhat dot com> <57525107 dot 5060500 at redhat dot com> <1c6e298e-ae7c-7e7a-d271-dfb75e874a04 at redhat dot com> <575613DA dot 3070209 at redhat dot com> <99119374-6dc7-42c2-451c-b4be759b7cc2 at redhat dot com> <57567CCE dot 2080207 at redhat dot com> <e0755a7a-f83a-423c-be4c-de7ba8e63c5c at redhat dot com>
On 06/07/2016 05:27 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 06/07/2016 09:50 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>>> I put âcorrectâ in scare quotes because I'm not convinced that we'd
>>> need a compat symbol at all for this (but if we do, it probably
>>> should be put on the registration, storing a flag along with callback
>>> registration data).
>> What do we gain by this?
> I don't think it matters. I think the compat symbol is overkill.
That is a fine opinion to have.
Thanks for being open to explaining your position.