This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] BZ #14906: Enhance nscd's inotify support.
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 01:27:53 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] BZ #14906: Enhance nscd's inotify support.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54E42FA6 dot 8010500 at redhat dot com> <54E60723 dot 6000309 at redhat dot com> <mvmh9ddw6fr dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <5750CF04 dot 2020402 at redhat dot com> <mvmy46iu6sw dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <5756074E dot 3070801 at redhat dot com> <20160607033327 dot GI5431 at vapier dot lan>
On 06/06/2016 11:33 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On 06 Jun 2016 19:29, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> On 06/06/2016 03:15 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
>>> Carlos O'Donell <email@example.com> writes:
>>>> They only trigger if you're changing monitored files, which
>>>> should be a relatively rare use case.
>>> But they are debugging messages, aren't they?
>> Should dbg_log avoid using syslog then?
> i found it surprising that debug log was logged at all by default.
> i think all logging should go to the same place (syslog or stderr
> depending on cli flags), but dbg should be skipped by default.
I'm OK with that. Andreas?