This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PING 4][PATCH v6] Add pretty printers for the NPTL lock types
- From: Martin Galvan <martin dot galvan at tallertechnologies dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at gotplt dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 11:03:20 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PING 4][PATCH v6] Add pretty printers for the NPTL lock types
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160530144133 dot 10918-1-martin dot galvan at tallertechnologies dot com> <20160603052848 dot GB21494 at devel dot intra dot reserved-bit dot com>
Hi Sid, thanks for the reply.
On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 2:28 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 11:41:33AM -0300, Martin Galvan wrote:
>> Roland told me to make some changes to that code, including removing the py-const
>> Makerules target from before-compile, and moving the pretty printing code to the
>> respective modules' subdirs (in our case, that's nptl).
>> However, if I remove py-const from before-compile, py-const won't run when doing 'make'.
>> I asked where should I place it instead and got no answer.
> Adding it to the all: target in Rules should work I think.
Ok, will give it a shot.
>> As you can see this is the 4th ping of the 6th version of this code. I don't want to
>> be bothersome, but is there still any interest in this feature? I know Carlos liked my
>> work on this, but I haven't heard back from him. At least an ack would be welcome.
> I am personally interested in this. If it is commercial interest
> you're looking for then you'll have to continue poking Carlos and
> others. The nature of my interest also determines the frequency and
> regularity of my reviews unfortunately.
It's not commercial interest, it's just that I really want this code
to go in. I think it's a very useful feature, and it took me quite a
lot of work to make.
I'll fix the issues you pointed out and send v7. Do you think after
that's done it could be merged, or should we definitely wait for
feedback from Roland/Carlos?