Re: RFC: GCC plugin to find encrypted function pointer calls in glibc

On 05/02/2016 05:26 PM, Jeff Law wrote:

Doesn't the build system know the version of GCC being used to compile
glibc?  If so, could it conditionally enable/disable the plugins?

I would suggest to make this a configure option at first, resulting in a build failure if the plugins are not buildable. Auto-detection of a compatible GCC version can be tricky. What we don't want is that the auto-detection determines the plugin to be incompatible, and then silently disables it.

Florian