This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] hesiod_end: Do not call res_nclose(&_res) [BZ #19573]
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Anders Kaseorg <andersk at mit dot edu>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 20:19:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] hesiod_end: Do not call res_nclose(&_res) [BZ #19573]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1604221400580 dot 60537 at buzzword-bingo dot mit dot edu> <87eg9wjynn dot fsf at mid dot deneb dot enyo dot de> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1604231408240 dot 60537 at buzzword-bingo dot mit dot edu> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1604271134490 dot 60537 at buzzword-bingo dot mit dot edu>
On 04/27/2016 05:36 PM, Anders Kaseorg wrote:
On Sat, 23 Apr 2016, Anders Kaseorg wrote:
Thanks for the review!
hesiod/hesiod.c is not in GNU style; I preserved its existing style as per
I agree: this file is only used in nss_hesiod, whose only exported symbols
are the NSS interface.
Also, the test I used is the same as what __hesiod_res_set already uses
before calling res_nclose. This may not be strong evidence by itself,
because it happens that __hesiod_res_set is never called in a way that
satisfies this test, but at least itâs consistent.
Is this ready to be committed, or do you still have concerns?
Yes please, this change looks fine.
I'll add Hesiod tests to the resolver test suite eventually.