This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't divide by zero when trying to destroy an uninitialised barrier.
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 16:38:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't divide by zero when trying to destroy an uninitialised barrier.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5717B2F4 dot 9050105 at starleaf dot com> <5717B657 dot 6040007 at arm dot com> <5717D575 dot 40806 at starleaf dot com> <5717DCA6 dot 1090809 at linaro dot org>
On 04/20/2016 09:46 PM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
I do not see a compelling reason to not return EINVAL if the UB
could be detected and if POSIX stated this behaviour is recommended.
It would result in silent loss of synchronization if the return value is
not checked. Such bugs are difficult to track down.