This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] ld.so: add an --argv0 option
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, shenhan at chromium dot org
- Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 14:21:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ld.so: add an --argv0 option
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1461389300-29574-1-git-send-email-vapier at gentoo dot org>
* Mike Frysinger:
> Sometimes when you run a program you want the argv string passed to
> the app to be different than the actual path you used to load it. We
> can't do this today with invoking via ld.so which can be limiting --
> some programs like to inspect their argv and make decisions as to
> how it should (re)exec itself or helper tools. For example, clang and
> gcc both do argv inspection to support relocatable toolchains.
Interesting idea. I think it's sufficiently to include this, but it
needs a ChangeLog entry and a test case.