This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add --enable-large-benchtests for large data benchmarks
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <sid at reserved-bit dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 19:26:49 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add --enable-large-benchtests for large data benchmarks
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160403204905 dot GA24627 at intel dot com> <CAMe9rOqmZZEFsGhjW-g7E7PBjvL=OE2OK438m9gvropg3fwXMg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 10:04:03PM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> We need to verify the result since they may be only tests for
> large data size. Here is the updated patch. Tested on x86-64.
> OK for master?
Why does it have to be conditional on a configure flag? I'd reckon
testing large data sizes would be just as relevant as the remaining
tests. If execution time is an issue then lets solve that problem in
some other way, like providing sub-targets to run in benchtests, like
math, string, etc. instead of touching configure.