This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2] Remove union wait
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 14:29:30 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Remove union wait
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56BE07C8 dot 40205 at redhat dot com> <20160307225511 dot 093E92C3BF5 at topped-with-meat dot com> <56DEA20E dot 3040907 at redhat dot com> <56FBBCAF dot 7090806 at redhat dot com> <20160330223228 dot 6A7382C3C54 at topped-with-meat dot com> <56FC5A6C dot 8090408 at redhat dot com>
> Given that we have not done done a build cycle in a distribution I think the
> most conservative step is a staged removal. I think your original instinct is
> the best way forward e.g. removal in 2.25.
Do you have a precise definition of "staged removal" in mind?
My first guess at what this means is that now (for 2.24) we add
__attribute_deprecated__ to the 'union wait' type definition, and then
shortly after 2.24 branches we remove it entirely. I'm not sure about