This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
glibc 2.24 --- Release on August 1st (hard deadline).
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux dot org>, "Dmitry V. Levin" <ldv at altlinux dot org>, Aurelien Jarno <aurelien at aurel32 dot net>, Khem Raj <raj dot khem at gmail dot com>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, Adam Conrad <adconrad at ubuntu dot com>
- Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 09:26:15 -0400
- Subject: glibc 2.24 --- Release on August 1st (hard deadline).
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I would like to suggest that we release glibc 2.24 on August 1st
2016 and consider this a hard deadline.
This suggestion is strongly motivated by the accelerated Fedora 25
schedule which could use a stable glibc 2.24 released on August 1st
to synchronize with an Alpha Freeze on August 9th .
This request is not out of line with the expected schedule. The
glibc schedule is nominally February 1st / August 1st (after
having shifted it to avoid the holiday season, starting with 2.19
We are somewhat lax in the exact release date, but for the 2.24
release I'm asking that we be firm and release on August 1st. I'm
happy to help the RM review patches leading up to this point.
The 2.23 release was only 18 days behind the expected schedule,
but that's 18 days we will lose in 2.24 development.
Is everyone OK with an August 1st 2016 release date?