Re: What do IFUNC resolvers need to be useful?

    > Should IFUNC resolver get passed in a pointer to the
    > environment?

    I think that it would be a great improvement.

    One can imagine to use that on the libc for example to temporarily
    disable the optimized functions. That can be useful for debugging,
    but also in our testsuite to test the various versions of a
    function.

+1

Sometimes old code breaks with new optimized routines, such as
multithread issues in routines using block-initialize instructions in
sparc.  In these situations it would be very useful to disable certain
versions of the routines.

Also, it would allow users to easily benchmark the performance of the
routines applications/platforms and choose the best implementation for
them.