Re: I nominate Florian Weimer as network component maintainer.

On 10 Mar 2016 21:18, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> I would like to nominate Florian Weimer from Red Hat as the component
> maintainer for network. Florian Weimer comes to the glibc community
> with extensive experience in security, networking protocols, DNS,
> and more. Florian was instrumental in helping with CVE-2015-7547
> and I expect the test case for that CVE to become part of our
> testing framework for testing all future stub resolver issues.
>
> Florian is keen to help glibc update the stub resolver and parts of
> NSS in an incremental fashion, keeping in mind all of the legacy
> applications that have to keep working and their expectations.
>
> Florian understands that we are a conservative project and that we like
> to see small steps that have clear consensus and that nobody would
> object to. And the network code, particularly the stub resolver needs
> to be owned by the community and maintained to a standard that we are
> all happy to support it (instead of wishing we'd sync up again with the
> unsupported BIND8 code).

more than happy to have someone watch over it specifically, and Florian
seems more than competent.  there was some posts in recentish times about
getting more love in resolv (and there were some patches iirc), so that
would prob be good to sweep up too.
-mike