This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [Patch] Fix glibc testing with GCC 4.9 compiler
- From: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 08:55:16 -0800
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Fix glibc testing with GCC 4.9 compiler
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <68cad408-de62-4515-98ee-987574823403 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <87fuwg3fcb dot fsf at mid dot deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Reply-to: <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
On Thu, 2016-02-25 at 17:49 +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Steve Ellcey:
> > I was testing glibc on a machine with GCC 4.9.2 and the tests died due
> > to a warning in string/tester.c. This routine has a DIAG_IGNORE for
> > -Wmemset-transposed-args at GCC 5.0 and above but this warning is also
> > given by my GCC 4.9.2 compiler. This patch fixed the problem for me,
> > is it OK to check it in?
> I think this breaks the build for everyone with a 4.9 compiler which
> does not support -Wmemset-transposed-args. Wasn't this a
> Debian-specific backport?
That is possible, I wasn't aware this was a backport. The compiler I
was using is on debian:
% gcc --version
gcc (Debian 4.9.2-10) 4.9.2
Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.