This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 02/12] Make __stack_chk_fail() not use other glibc facilities.
- From: Nix <nix at esperi dot org dot uk>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: carlos at redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 12:06:48 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 02/12] Make __stack_chk_fail() not use other glibc facilities.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1455963826-21885-1-git-send-email-nix at esperi dot org dot uk> <1455963826-21885-3-git-send-email-nix at esperi dot org dot uk>
On 20 Feb 2016, firstname.lastname@example.org stated:
> From: Nick Alcock <email@example.com>
> After this patch series is complete, glibc exports a __stack_chk_fail()
> implementation for use by all other programs, including other parts of
Magnus Granberg has now pointed me at a much more recent version of this
change, which replaces __chk_fail() to the same end and reimplement
__stack_chk_fail() in terms of it. I'll incorporate that in the next
version. (The only concern is that this has received changes from lots
of people. Maybe I'll have to reimplement it entirely to avoid
copyright-assignment concerns. What a drag...)
NULL && (void)