This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: gnu-gabi group
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>, Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Suprateeka R Hegde <hegdesmailbox at gmail dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 16:18:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: gnu-gabi group
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Nodisclaimer: True
- References: <CAMe9rOqPzub4Qr95JT9_U9FBtbME4Xb2ZTgqPrN-Umf70vWGbQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <87io1z2e2i dot fsf at mid dot deneb dot enyo dot de> <CAMe9rOqxZ6NDTc9pKJRpA--A_+moVNSZXyvZ0mkebx0X+LD=_g at mail dot gmail dot com> <87egcn2diz dot fsf at mid dot deneb dot enyo dot de> <CAMe9rOr6jj0ax0B=9dFpuMYCu=HJaf9a3g2-NGnvNV2ZWTqwXg at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1602082307130 dot 18645 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAMe9rOqoABu=bD5tgeBQsQXWZmhd5CHSZuwfobg8ezoCmCHNGg at mail dot gmail dot com> <56BC61F0 dot 3010507 at gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1602111635320 dot 29940 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20160211182033 dot GA23152 at blokker dot redhat dot com> <56BE2824 dot 7080906 at redhat dot com> <orpovyhtng dot fsf at livre dot home> <CAMe9rOotDQp=08SnBZg1nTvAEJdJGj76_r8FJequQ2YEa7sf=A at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
On 15/02/16 16:03, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 7:37 AM, Alexandre Oliva <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On Feb 12, 2016, Pedro Alves <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>>> wonderful. I am not a big fan of google groups mailinglists, they seem
>>>> to make it hard to subscribe and don't have easy to access archives.
>>>> Having a local gnu-gabi group on sourceware.org would be better IMHO.
>> Since it's GNU tools we're talking about, we'd better use a medium that
>> we've all already agreed to use, than one that a number of us objects
>> to. I, for one, have closed my Google account several Valentine's Days
>> ago, for privacy reasons, and this makes the archives of lists hidden
>> there unusable for me.
> Please don't spread false information. Anyone can subscribe Linux-ABI
> group and its archive is to open to everyone. You don't need a gmail account
> for any of those. There are quite a few non-gmail users. You don't have
> to take my word for it. I can add your email to Linux-ABI group and you
> can check it out yourself :-).
you as a group admin can do that, others cannot join
without creating a account at google (which requires
the acceptance of the google tos etc).
you also have censorship rights over others.
even if you add users to the list they cannot access
the archive through standard http or https, they need
machine. (so wget does not work).
and the url through which you visit a post is not a
reliable permanent link so linking to posts is hard.
i think google groups is not an acceptable forum for
discussing open standards publicly.