This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Report dlsym, dlvsym lookup errors using dlerror [BZ #19509]
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 23:37:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Report dlsym, dlvsym lookup errors using dlerror [BZ #19509]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56B9F83A dot 1000500 at redhat dot com> <56BA55C7 dot 6040505 at gmail dot com>
* Martin Sebor:
> So AFAICS, the patch does the right thing. I would only suggest to
> enhance the test to verify that dlerror() does return a null pointer
> when no error has occurred (e.g., the second call to dlerror() with
> no other intervening dlxxx() calls should return null).
Fair enough, I will put this into the test.
Have you and Carlos looked at more than the test? :)
I'm worried that I'm missing something in the callgraphâas far as I
can tell, the change only affects RTLD_NEXT, but it seems bizarre that
there wasn't any error reporting specifically for that.