This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Fix dl-procinfo HWCAP
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- To: Carlos Eduardo Seo <cseo at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 14:51:47 -0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Fix dl-procinfo HWCAP
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <569D2D7B dot 30101 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <56A663BE dot 9040906 at linaro dot org> <56A6663F dot 30900 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <56B2086B dot 2070406 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
LGTM but it does not characterize a critical bug or CVE to lift the
freeze. Please apply when 2.24 open and we can backport to 2.23
On 03-02-2016 12:02, Carlos Eduardo Seo wrote:
> Is this OK for 2.23?
> On 1/25/16 4:15 PM, Carlos Eduardo Seo wrote:
>> On 1/25/16 4:04 PM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>>> I think you should not it might be wrong for hwcap2, since the logic
>>> is correct for hwcap1 (I assume this hitting the new fields for
>> No, this actually hits HWCAP1. If you look at hwcap.h, you will see:
>> #define PPC_FEATURE_PSERIES_PERFMON_COMPAT 0x00000040
>> #define PPC_FEATURE_TRUE_LE 0x00000002
>> There's a 4 bit gap between PPC_FEATURE_PSERIES_PERFMON_COMPAT and
>> PPC_FEATURE_TRUE_LE that has to be padded in _dl_powerpc_cap_flags.
>> The patch also assumes HWCAP1 is 64-bit long and all bits are filled,
>> which is true now (if you pad those vacant 4 bits).